WCA Update on Coronavirus / COVID-19
March 13, 2020
To our members,
While we have already provided an update on the Coronavirus / COVID-19 pandemic and what it can mean for your business, we feel it’s important to let you know what we here at WCA are doing about it.
- With our guests and staff health top-of-mind, we have increased our already rigorous cleaning protocol for the Construction Education Centre. All our desks, chairs, tables and other surfaces are being disinfected regularly.
- We are asking that anyone who feels unwell does not come to a class or event at WCA. To help facilitate this, we are offering full refunds for anyone who had registered for a course or event at WCA who feels unwell.
- We’re reminding all our guests to remember to please wash your hands regularly, sneeze/cough into your elbow, and refrain from shaking hands.
With these measure in place and with your help, we’re confident we can keep the Construction Education Centre up and running so you can continue to build your knowledge, your skills and your business.
As far as upcoming events:
- The Curling Bonspiel on March 27 is still scheduled to go on as planned. We will be in contact with the venue to determine any precautionary methods we need to take.
- The Manitoba Construction Career Expo on May 6 does provide some problems as we are expecting over 2,000 students to come through the venue on the same day. We have some time before needing to make a decision on this – we’ll be deciding whether or not to cancel no later than April 14.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to the WCA office.